Top 5 Repairs Before You List
When you’re getting ready to list your home, you want it to looks it’s absolute best.
Here are our top five recommended repairs to make before selling your home.
1. Repaint walls: Giving your home a fresh coat of paint is one of the most cost-effective ways to spruce it up. Remember that most buyers prefer a neutral tone.
2. Repair floors: Hardwood floors are a very desirable feature in a home, so you want to ensure they look their best. If your carpet is worn or stained, consider replacing them. And don’t forget the tile in your kitchen or bathrooms. Re-grouting can go a long way in making dingy tile work look brand new!
3. Refresh the landscaping: Clean walkways and driveways, plant seasonal flowers and plants, trim hedges and trees, install outdoor décor pieces and fill in mulch and gravel.
4. Fix your fixtures: Leaky faucet? Rusted drains? Loose drawer handle? Making these small fixes can make a big difference to potential buyers with detailed-orientated minds.
5. De-Clutter/De-Personalize: Buyers want to be able to envision themselves living in your home. This is very difficult to accomplish if there are dozens of family pictures and personal items/decorations displayed. Additionally, you have to present your home as a "blank slate". So try to pare down to the bare minimum in regards to ALL furnishings and decorations so that your home is model home ready for buyers.